Wing-N-It BBQ, Grille & Bar owner and chef Charles Frizado Jr. stopped by the kitchen this morning to show us his delectable version of an old favorite.
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar, optional
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red or Orange Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup Fine Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 large Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Cajun or Garlic Seasonings
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo Sauce from Chipotle Peppers
- Puree Peppers with Mayonnaise
- Get out your strips of delicious bacon and create your bacon weave!
- Heat oven to 350°. Line a baking pan with foil and lightly oil the foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Precook your bacon for 20 minutes until the bacon is firm and brown but not crispy, so it will still be able to roll without being broken into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, pork, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, egg, Cajun (or garlic) seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and milk. Once mixed, fully put the meatloaf mixture aside.
- Take the Blanket O’ Bacon out of the oven and spread out the Meatloaf Mixture onto the Blanket O’ Bacon, lightly baste the meatloaf mixture with some of the BBQ sauce (Saving some of the BBQ sauce for the top of the Meatloaf and then sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese. Here is how we get the Pin-Wheel Effect.)
- Make sure you leave the mixture about 3 inches from all edges, then you are going to start rolling the Blanket O’ Bacon up with the Mixture inside the Blanket. Continue rolling until the entire Blanket O’ Bacon is all wrapped up with the meatloaf mixture.
- Spread barbecue sauce over the entire loaf, coating it all with love.
- Bake until internal temperature reads 180 degrees, about an hour to an hour and 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing or moving to a serving platter.
- Slice in 1” thick slabs serve on Hamburger Rolls spread with the Chipotle Mayo
About the Restaurant:
549 Metacom Ave.
Bristol, R.I. 02809
**TRUE BBQ Smoked Low & Slow**
Any of the food on our menu can be pre-ordered. We have party platters as well as an item called the Wagon Wheel that is a sampler of all our BBQ Items that’s perfect for parties and especially Super Bowl. We also have party platters of Wings with 80 sauces to choose from. There is a flavor for everyone’s taste buds. Best to pre-order any party platters by Saturday so we can make sure that they are ready for Sunday’s big game. In-house we will be having a Super Bowl Bash with the fireplace going and the beer’s always cold!
- Monday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Thursday: 11 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday: 11 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
About the Chef:
“I started building this restaurant because of the passion that is in me for true BBQ & wings. Having come up with 80 different sauces so my customers have a wide range to choose from. The name of the restaurant came from being a laid off vocational teacher. I decided to just “wing it” and put together a restaurant!”