The weekend is about to begin and so is the Providence Boat Show. With some new attractions and a whole new look, this 20-year-old event is opening its doors to the public at The Rhode Island Convention Center.
- There are a total of 85 boat brands represented, and 9 of those brands are built in Rhode Island.
- Over 30 different models are recent additions to the marketplace.
- The largest powerboat in the fleet is the Regulator 34SS powerboat, at thirty-eight feet, six inches in length, represented by Ocean House Marina of Charlestown, RI.
- The largest sailboat is the Sparkman & Stephens 30, represented by Bluenose Yacht Sales of Newport; this 30-foot sailboat was originally launched in 1935 and has been rebuilt using modern materials and building methods.
- Show organizers designed a show with a diverse fleet of boats: powerboats, sailboats, kayaks, canoes, personal watercraft, and even pontoon boats. There is something for everyone.
BOAT SHOW HOURS
Friday, January 31 / 10 am – 7 pm
Saturday, February 1 / 9 am – 7 pm
Sunday, February 2 / 10 am – 4 pm
NOTE: Boater of the Year presentation takes place at 5 pm on January 31.
$12 general admission; children 12 and under are free. Discounts on multi-day tickets and family packs (2 adults, up to 4 children under age 15) can be found on the show’s website: www.providenceboatshow.com