Early morning fire sends residents into cold

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) — An electrical fire sent several people out into the cold early Friday morning.

The blaze broke out at an apartment complex on Rockdale Avenue in New Bedford. Everyone inside the building got out safely before crews arrived.

Firefighters knocked the fire down quickly before it spread to neighboring buildings. “Fortunately, the roads were clear and we were already, we were just returning from a previous call so we were on the road, we were able to get here quick,” said Chief Michael Dandurand with the New Bedford Fire Department.

Officials believe the fire began in the kitchen.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s