Chef George Doumaney from Portsmouth Publick House paid us a visit Wednesday to show us how to make a Farmer’s Potato Tart.
- 1 cup Farmer’s or Goat Cheese
- 1 Pie Crust
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 2 Large Potatoes, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 Clove Garlic, diced
- 1 ½ cups Cream
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- Heat a large sauté pan, add oil and butter, then onions, thyme, garlic and sliced potato. Cook until onions and potato are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl whisk eggs together, then add cream and sour cream to mixture and continue to blend.
- Place pie crust in a greased tart pan and fork the shell.
- Layer potato and onions into shell until it is filled. Take cheese and place dollops on top of filling so that when the cheese melts they will connect.
- Pour egg mixture into shell to cover all of the potato and onions.
- Fold edge of pie shell over or crimp edges. Add salt and pepper to the top of the mix and bake in 325 degree oven until crust is golden brown, should be about 30 minutes.
About the Restaurant:
Portsmouth Publick House
600 Clock Tower Sq.
Portsmouth R.I. 02871
- Free Chicken Wings Wednesdays 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Free Oyster Fridays 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.