(WPRI) – The New England Patriots Cheerleaders Dance Squad is holding auditions for those interested in pumping up fans.
Preliminary auditions are being held on Saturday, April 5 at Gillette Stadium. On-site registration begins at 10 a.m. and there is a $20 application fee. Cheerleaders must be 18 or older to audition, and have a high school diploma or GED in order to participate.
Two of the members of the current squad, Lasondra Greene and Camille Kostek, stopped by “The Rhode Show” on Tuesday morning to chat about the auditions, and what it’s like to be a Patriots Cheerleader.
The Patriots Cheerleaders perform at every home game. Each cheerleader is required to attend a minimum of two rehearsals each week, and make public appearances throughout the community.
The team is also featured in the swimsuit calendar and the squad poster.
More about the auditions:
- There is no maximum age limit and no height requirement.
- Dance ability recommended
- You should wear fitted work-out attire and sneakers or dance shoes for the audition. Be sure to bring warm-ups for rest periods
- Your hair and make-up should be “performance” ready. Think “glamour” rather than “sporty.”
- Candidates should also bring a resume and a current photograph.
- Approximately 50 participants will be selected at preliminary auditions to compete as finalists on April 19, 2014.
- More information at http://www.patriots.com/cheerleaders/auditions.html
Learn more about Lasondra Greene
Lasondra Greene is a 25-year-old from New Britain, Conn. Lasondra has been a cheerleader for 11 years. She graduated from New Britain High School and Brio Academy of Cosmetology. In 2010 Lasondra passed her Connecticut state board exam and became a licensed hair dresser. When Lasondra is not working, she loves taking boot camp classes at her gym. Lasondra also enjoys taking hip hop class, ballet, Zumba and yoga. The 2013 season was Lasondra’s first as a Patriots Cheerleader.
Camille Kostek is currently a junior at Eastern Connecticut State University as a Communications major focusing in the field of television production and studying business management as a minor. She is Eastern’s news anchor for TV22 where she writes and broadcasts stories live for the Windham area. Camille is from a small town in the shoreline area of Connecticut where she enjoys running and working out at her favorite gym. Camille has been cast for two commercials for clothing boutique Ciao Bella that aired on MTV, E! News, VH1, and ABC Family and was one of the cover girls for the Patriots Cheerleaders 2014 swimsuit calendar. Camille has been a competitive dancer for 17 years and a cheerleader for 6. She just completed her rookie year as a Patriots Cheerleader.