NORTON, Mass. (WPRI) — Norton police evacuated homes after a chemical spill on So. Worcester Street Thursday morning.
Residents on Woodward and Jackson Streets were also evacuated following the ammonia leak near Preferred Freezer Services. According to police, students and staff from the the New Testament School were transported to the Yelle School for shelter.
Hazmat teams are investigating the incident. There have been no injuries reported.
The leak was reported shortly after 8 a.m. and was deemed safe about three hours later.