We’re making a Nova Scotian Hot Lobster Sandwich with Head Chef Trevor Sawchuk of Wicked Good Bar & Grill at Twin River Casino.
3-1/2 cups Heavy Cream
Lemon Zest from 1 lemon
Lemon Juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
2 tbsp Flour
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
1 lb. Cooked Lobster Meet
1) In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter with mustard, lemon zest and juice, seasonings and flour.
2) Cook together on med low for 3 to 5 min, stirring frequently.
3) Slowly stir in heavy cream, bringing to a slow boil to reduce and thicken sauce.
4) Once sauce is thickened, add cooked lobster meat and bring back to a boil.
5) Taste for seasonings, add more if needed.
6) Ladle mixture over thick cut Texas toast.
7) Serve open faced with favorite side dish.
Twin River Casino
Monday – Thursday 12:00pm – 11:00pm
Friday and Saturday 12:00pm – 1:00am
Wicked Good Bar and Grill
100 Twin River Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
About Trevor Sawchuk, Head Chef, Wicked Good Bar & Grill:
Trevor Sawchuk is the chef of Wicked Good Bar & Grill. Born and raised in Canada, Chef Trevor has been in the restaurant business since he was 16-years-old. He trained at Culinary College in Manitoba and then obtained a Red Seal Chef Certificate by apprenticing under the chef-owners of Saffron’s, Winnipeg.
Inspired by a love of travel, Chef Trevor continued to hone his skills holding positions at resorts in Alberta, Manitoba, and British Columbia, before moving to New England where he ran the kitchens of Pinelli’s Cucina and The Grille for the Pinelli-Marra Group.
He joined Twin River in 2007, bringing with him his culinary philosophy of making the familiar new again.
Chef Trevor’s creativity and passion for innovation continues in his newest position as head chef of Wicked Good Bar & Grill.