(WPRI) – Lansal, Inc. is voluntarily recalling approximately 14,860 pounds of hummus and dip products that may be contaminated with listeria.
The brands affected in the nationwide recall are some Archer Farms products sold by Target. The recall includes the following products that are packaged in plastic containers:
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus 10oz. with use by date JUN/11/2014 and UPC code 85239233405.
- Target Archer Farms Roasted Garlic with Roasted Garlic Tapenade 17 oz. with use by date JUN/9/14 & JUN/12/14 and UPC code 85239233498.
- Target Archer Farms Roasted Red Pepper with Roasted Red Pepper Topping 17 oz. with use by date JUN/12/2014 and UPC code 85239233481.
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus 2lb. with use by date JUN/11/2014 and UPC code 8968630 01823.
- This is a non-retail item; Ingredient item used in SuperTarget store production of 2 items, Archer Farms Mediterranean Veggie Hummus Wrap and Archer Farms Hummus Veggie Snacker.
Six more products under the Giant Eagle, Trader Joe’s and Tryst Yellow brand names are also under the recall, but that recall only affects states in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest and not local stores.
- Recall: FDA Recall Notice
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause foodborne illness in a person who eats a food item contaminated with it. Symptoms of infection may include fever, muscle aches, gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea or diarrhea.
The illness primarily impacts pregnant women and adults with weakened immune systems. Most healthy adults and children rarely become seriously ill.
No illnesses have been reported in relation to this recall.