PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – One firefighter was transported to the hospital after flames broke out inside of a Fruit Hill Avenue home just before noontime on Monday.
Two firefighters became trapped in the top floor of the home but managed to escape through a second story window. One of the firefighters was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
According to Deputy Chief Daniel Crowley, the two firefighters became disoriented from the tremendous amount of heat and smoke inside the home.
Officials believe the flames started with a heat gun that was being used to remove paint from a window sill.
The extent of the damage inside of the home is unknown.