We’re making Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Grilled Shrimp with Executive Chef Terry Saccomagno of Valley Country Club.
12 oz. whole beef tenderloin
Montreal steak spice
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic clove
pinch fresh chopped rosemary
pinch fresh chopped parsley
pinch fresh chopped basil
pinch fresh chopped thyme
kosher salt & pepper
1/4 Cup cooked sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups demi-glace sauce
1/4 cup burgundy wine
2 tablespoons garlic butter
2 each 8-12 shrimp, peeled, shelled and de-veined, butterflied tail on
1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
2 olive oil and 1 oz. white wine
1/4 fresh squeezed lemon
pinch chopped Italian fresh parsley
1. Season beef with Montreal steak spice & sear off tenderloin with olive oil, set aside and mix together olive oil, chopped fresh garlic clove, fresh spices salt & pepper.
2. Rub fresh spice marinade on beef place in oven & cook till medium rare, let sit and slice to order.
3. Saute mushrooms with olive oil, add demi-glace sauce, burgundy wine & garlic butter pour over sliced tenderloin.
4. Take peeled & de-veined shrimp & cut along backside of shrimp, marinate in fresh Italian parsley, chopped fresh garlic, olive oil lemon and white wine marinade & grill off shrimp till pink.
5. Plate up sliced tenderloin with grilled shrimp, garlic red bliss mashed potato & grilled wrapped asparagus with yellow squash.
Tips: Get beef all cleaned & trimmed from butcher or market shrimp can also be purchased clean and peeled. Beef is seared off to retain juices recipe can easily prepped night before.