We’re cooking with Chef Sai Viswanath of DeWolf Tavern making Grilled Oysters with Poblano Butter and Raw Oysters with mignonette sauce.
• Poblano Peppers
• Half a pound of Butter
• Bread Crumbs
• Lemon Juice
• Half a tea spoon of Honey
• Half a tea Spoon of Toasted Cumin Powder
• 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
• 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. How to Shuck the Oysters
2. How to make the Poblano Butter:
Begin by roasting the Poblano peppers and then sinking it.
Proceed by chopping up the peppers and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
(Butter, Bread Crumbs, Lemon Juice, Honey, toasted cumin powder)
Grill the Oysters, add the ingredients and put in the Broiler.
Once again shuck the oysters.
Coarsely crush the peppercorns using a mortar and pestle.
Place the peppercorns in a small bowl and stir in the vinegar and shallots.
Add the sea salt. Chill until serving.
About Dewolf Tavern:
259 Thames St, Bristol, RI 02809
Dewolf Tavern is Contemporary American Cuisine in an Historic Waterfront Setting.
The First Annual Bristol Oyster Festival:
In the recent years there has been a major resurgence in both the health of our waters and our fishing and aqua culture industry. At DeWolf Tavern we are very excited about this! The first annual Bristol Oyster Festival is a celebration of our history, community and way of life.
We enthusiastically invite you to be a part of it!
Join us for:
• DJ and Live Music Starting at 11:00am
• Educations Seminars Starting at 11:15am
• Silent Auction Starting at 12:00pm with a preview from 11am to 12:00pm
• Children’s Oyster Costume Pageant at 1:00pm (under 12 years old please)
• Shucking Demonstration and Vote for Best Oyster at 2:00pm