We’re making Portuguese Littlenecks with Chef Michael Johnson from The Pier Restaurant.
12 little necks
4 oz chourice
2 oz minced shallot
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 oz fresh jalapeño sliced
1/2 cup marinara sauce
3 oz olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
Salt and pepper
1 oz chopped parsley
1. Sautée shallot garlic chourice and jalapeño in olive oil till translucent.
2. Add little necks and sauté 1 min.
3. Deglaze with white wine, add stock and marinara.
4. Cover and cool until necks open.
5. Reduce sauce slightly and toss with pasta.
6. Garnish with fresh herbs and toast points.