Providence is getting ready for the first faith sponsored event at this weekend’s WaterFire.
Bronwyn Dannenfelser, Director of Resource Development for WaterFire, and Alex Kapitan from the Unitarian Universalistsm joined the Rhode Show to discuss all of the events taking place at Saturday’s WaterFire.
The Unitarian Universalist Association will sponsor the June 28th WaterFire event. As the first-ever faith sponsor, Unitarian Universalists believe in building community through creative transformation.
Just after sunset at approximately 8:25 p.m. over 80 braziers will be lit from Waterplace Park to Memorial/South Main Street Park. Continuing until just after midnight the flames will be the backdrop to all the evenings events.
The Unitarian Universalist Association’s Standing on the Side of Love Event will coincide with the WaterFire events to make an evening full of activities for the community to partake in.
Side of Love Events include:
- 7:30 p.m. “Make Way for Love” worship service at the Rhode Island Convention Center
- 9:20 p.m. Members of the local Unitarian Universalist choirs will join together for a sing along
- Guests are also invited to stop by the Standing on the Side of Love Tent all evening long in Memorial Park
Other events taking place Saturday night include:
- 5:30-11:30 p.m. The Waterfire Store will be open on Canal Street
- 6:00-10:00 p.m. Empty Bowls Project on Washington Street
- 6:00-10:30 p.m. Waterfires Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street
- 7:00-11:00 p.m. Steeple Street Performance Stage, 7:00- 9:00 p.m. The Sultans of Sax, 9:15- 11:00 p.m. Live performances featuring Emma’s Revolution, Christopher D. Sims aka UniverSoul, Mat Meyer and Elandria Williams
Food vendors will be located on Washington Street adjacent to the Arts Festival Plaza and on Church Street near Memorial Park.
For more information please visit www.waterfire.org.