We’re making Bacon Fried Jonnycakes Rhode Island Style with chef Bob Burke from Pot au Feu.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup Jonnycake meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- Coffee syrup
- Spread bacon on sheet pans and bake 18 minutes or until crispy.
- Pour bacon fat into steel or cast iron fry pan.
- Mix meal, milk, water and salt.
- When bacon fat is 350 stir batter and spoon tablespoonfuls into fat.
- Fry 8-12 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Plate with bacon.
- Pour warm coffee syrup over bacon and jonnycakes.
- Serve immediately.