PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Three of the five people suspected in a home invasion that left two Providence residents suffering from gunshot wounds appeared before a judge Monday morning.
Orlando Luciano, Miguel Perez, and Tommy Bun were ordered held without bail on charges that include burglary and assault with a deadly weapon.
Prosecutors said that on the night of July 11, the owner of a Forsyth Street home opened his door to find three masked men carrying handguns, who then forced their way inside. The suspects bound the hands of his 18-year-old daughter and tried to do the same for the man, but he was able to fight them off, according to the prosecution.
The homeowner was shot in the foot during the struggle, while his daughter was struck in the hip. Police said both injuries were non-life-threatening.
Vanessa Potter and Vypatda Sophan, both 22 years of age, were arraigned last week for their suspected roles in the crime.
The same home was caught in a hail of gunfire just five days after the home invasion, though no injuries were reported that night. Police believe the two incidents may be connected, but have yet to charge any suspects in the second shooting.
Luciano was also arraigned in an attempted robbery and shooting that took place on June 16 of last year.