We’re making Pepper Rubbed Prime New York Sirloin with Chef Kevin Gaudreau from Newport Restaurant Group.
Yield: 4 appetizer portions
- 16 oz. New York Sirloin, Prime
- 2 tbsp. Mixed Peppercorns, coarse grind
- ½ oz. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Flat Parsley
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- 4 gloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. shallots
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- Combine all of the spice ingredients and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix well to incorporate thoroughly.
- Rub the sirloin completely on all sides with the wet spice mixture. Allow to rest for three minutes.
- Place the Sirloin on the pre-heated Salt Slab. (The slab should be well over 600 degrees prior to cooking. You can either place on an open grill or bake in the oven to achieve desired surface temperature.)
- Cook sirloin two minutes on each side to create a uniform char and color. (The sugar content from the mixture will help to create a nice dark hue).
- Remove Sirloin from slab and slice. Place meat back on slab after slicing and serve immediately.
Using a food processor, quickly pulse garlic and shallots together to create a fine chop. Place greens, oil, juices and vinegar into processor and pulse until smooth. Reserve refrigerated until ready to serve.
Spoon a few tablespoons over the Sirloin. Use the remaining for a dipping sauce to accompany the Sirloin.