The Rhode Show is grilling up some marinated pork and peaches with Chef John Granata from Camille’s and our TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito.
- 8 half inch thick boneless pork chops (or on the bone)
- 4 large ripe peaches
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ cup pure olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Prepare marinade by mixing all ingredients together.
- Place meat in a large glass casserole (Reserve half cup marinade.)
- Pour marinade over meat covering well.
- Refrigerate for 6 – 12 hours.
- Fire up your grill!
- Slice onion into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Rap onions in aluminum foil with 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade.
- Place on the upper rack or lower heat side of the grill.
- After 10 – 12 minutes, start grilling the pork.
- Place peaches in remaining marinade for 5 minutes.
- After the first flip start grilling peaches.
- Pork should be nicely caramelized but not burnt.
- Remove onions and carefully place in center of a large platter.
- Place pork on top of that. Lastly, place peaches on top of the pork.