Discover Newport has brought in Steve Cory from Cory’s Kitchen at Sweet Berry Farm to make Sweet Berry Farm Fruit Crisp.
Recommendation: Use a variety of fruit. If possible, a combination of tart and sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- About 8 cups fruit. peeled, cored and sliced or diced as necessary. (If all the fruit is relatively the same size, they will cook evenly)
- 1 lemon ( juice and zest )
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick butter ( 4 oz ) cold, small diced
- 1/2 cup oats
- Gently mix all together
- Grease your favorite casserole dish ( 12x9x2 ) and preheat oven to 350
- Sift all dry ingredients together, toss in the fruit and the lemon.
- Mix the topping and place over fruit
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is a golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream