(WPRI) — The Rhode Island Department of Health has recommended swimming bans at eight beaches across the state after finding high bacteria counts in the water.
- Easton’s Beach in Newport
- Third Beach and Peabody’s Beach in Middletown
- Scarborough State Beach (North and South) in Narragansett
- Goddard Memorial State Park Beach in Warwick
- Barrington Town Beach
- Warren Town Beach
The health department will continue to monitor the bacteria levels at those beaches and will recommend they be reopened once it’s safe.
Conimicut Point Beach in Warwick was closed to swimming Wednesday, and remains closed at this time.
- Also on WPRI.com: Police sergeant saves man caught in rip current