Chef Linkie Marais is in the Rhode Show backyard grilling some spicy beer chicken wings and making a Pineapple and Orange Mai Thai to wash it down.
Spicy Beer Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Beer (Pale Ale)
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1-2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Preheat Big Green Egg or other grill to 425 F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Add the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Place wings on the grill, turning 2-3 times as they cook. Cook to an internal temperature of 160-165F, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the cheese dip and cucumber spears.
Herbed Goat Cheese Dip
- Mix a log of Goat cheese with ¼ cup sour cream, 1 tbsp. mayonnaise, 2 tbsp. cilantro and a pinch of salt.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Serve with chicken wings and cucumber spears.
- Enjoy with a cold beverage of your choice!
Grilled Pineapple and Orange Mai Thai
Yields 4 cocktails
- 6 Fresh Pineapple Slices (Rounds)
- 2 Oranges Halved
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 oz. Light Rum
- 4 oz. Dark Rum
- 4 oz. Orange Curacao
- 4 oz. Orange juice
- 6 oz. Pineapple juice
- 6 oz. Mango juice
- 2 tsp. Almond extract
- 2 oz. Sweetened Lime juice
- Preheat BGE to 400 F.
- Sprinkle pineapple and orange with brown sugar.
- Grill face down for 3-5 minutes or until tender. (Flip pineapple once)
- Quarter one pineapple slice, set aside for garnish.
- In a bowl mash the remaining pineapple slices to release their juices. Drain the juice.
- Squeeze the oranges to release their juices and mix with the pineapple juice.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together rum with the juices.
- Pour over ice and garnish with the pineapple slices.