We’re in the kitchen with Holistic Health Coach Katie McDonald from bnourished, making a festive quinoa salad.
- 2 C quinoa
- 1 C black beans
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1/2 C cilantro (chopped)
- 2 peaches/nectarines or 1 mango (cubed)
- 2 limes (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1/4 raw pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil,
- Optional 1/4 inch jalapeño (diced)
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Place in bot with 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer to cook 15 minutes until all liquids absorbed.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Fluff with fork.
- Place beans, cilantro, fruit, lime juice, red onion in a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and mix gently.
- Season with a touch of salt, olive oil and cumin to taste.
Katie McDonald founded bnourished in 2011 in fulfillment of a vision to transform lives one mindful bite at a time. Katie is a certified holistic health coach, raw food chef and instructor, trained at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and the Natural Gourmet Institute, both in New York City. A member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and a certified Bach Flower Remedy practitioner, she brings real, life-tested solutions to clients ready to claim their birthright of exceptional health through whole food, mindfulness, movement and deliberate time management.