Tuesday morning in the Rhode Show Kitchen, Discover Newport has brought in Chef Matthew MacCartney from Jamestown Fish making Cod in Acqua Pazza ‘Crazy Water’.
Said to be invented by Neopolitan Fishermen but the phrase was coined by the Tuscans. The original recipe used seawater as the base of the broth. Serves 2.
- Two 6 oz. portions of Cod 1” thick
- 3 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 oz Fingerling Potatoes (cooked and sliced in ¾” rounds)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes
- 4 oz Broccoli Rabe
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 anchovy fillet
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- In a 10” Saute pan drizzle a Tbspn Olive Oil, season the Cod on both sides and place the Cod in the pan. Add the tomatoes, potatoes, garlic, hot pepper, wine and anchovy fillet and chopped parsley. Cover with a lid and let cook gently on a low flame for 5-6 min.
- In a separate pan sauté the broccoli rabe and reserve.
- Place the broccoli in the center of the plate and place the fish on top. Spoon the vegetables and broth over the fish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.