The Flames of Hope will light up the city of Providence during Columbus Day weekend in support of breast cancer research.
Bronwyn Dannenfelser, Director of Resource Development for WaterFire, joined the Rhode Show on Friday to talk more about the celebration of life to support the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
- Schedule: Full schedule of Flames of Hope events
Just after sunset at approximately 6:12 p.m. over 80 braziers will be lit from Waterplace Park to Memorial/South Main Street Park. Continuing until late evening, the flames will be the backdrop to the evening’s events.
- 5:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.: The WaterFire Store is open on Canal Street
- 6 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.: The WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street
- Sunset – 10:30 p.m.: Fire dancers will be performing along the river
- 7:05 p.m.: A group of 150 breast cancer survivors and their families will hold a torch procession down to WaterFire
The Providence River lights will be pink in support of breast cancer survivors and the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.