Discover Newport has brought in Chef Dan Knerr from The Black Pearl and he’s making Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with a Champagne Buerre Blanc.
Jumbo Lump Crab Cake
- 1 Pound jumbo lump crab
- 3-4 oz mayo
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Dashes of hot sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons of diced red pepper,
- 4 Tablespoons of panko – (save 2 tablespoon for the coating)
- 2 Teaspoon of oil and butter for sauteing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for the butter, oil and 2 tab. of panko. Mix well.
- Divide in 4 to 6 size portions depending on the size you would like.
- Dhape the mixture and coat well with the remaining panko.
- In a moderate to hot pan, heat up oil, arrange crab cakes and add whole butter after a minute.
- Brown on both sides.
- Heat through in over for 5 minutes.
- Serve on Champagne Buerre Blanc
- Garnish with diced red pepper and micro greens.
24th Annual Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival
The Black Pearl will be participating in the 24th Annual Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival this upcoming weekend, October 18 & 19.
This family-friendly event will honor “the harvest of the sea” with live entertainment, activities for the kids and world-famous cuisine from Rhode Island’s top restaurants, including the Black Pearl. The event is free and takes place from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days.