CRANSTON, R.I. (WPRI) — Police say they’ll be back out at schools in Warwick, Cranston and Johnston again Friday, after another threatening letter was sent to police earlier this week warning of violence against children.
School officials said more students were absent than usual on Thursday, but it appears as though most families are choosing to send their kids to class, despite the threat.
- New: School safety conference held amid threat investigation
- Related: Supt: Threat letter appears to be from same author
Parents said they’re concerned and just want the individual responsible for the threats caught.
“I didn’t take it very seriously, because I think it’s for publicity and attention,” said Warwick parent Susan Nguon. “I have friends at work who think I take it a little too lightly. A lot of people keep their kids home from school. I don’t. I send my daughter to school.”
Police have not released details on the specific contents of the letter. But, the mayors of those communities said it was less violent in nature than one sent a couple of weeks ago.