Renee Torres, local owner of The Melting Pot in Providence, joined The Rhode Show to make a Lobster Cheese Fondue and a Flaming Turtle Chocolate Fondue for dessert.
4 oz (vol) Lobster Bisque (prepared according to package’s directions, Lobster & Crab Bisque works just as well) Full Squeeze of a Lemon Half
2 oz Butterkäse Cheese, shredded
2 oz Fontina Cheese, shredded
2 oz (vol) Cooked
Lobster Meat, diced small
1 tsp. Scallions, sliced
- Blend the cheeses together before preparing the Fondue.
- Using a double boiler, add the prepared Lobster Bisque to the bowl. Use a rubber spatula to ensure that all of the bisque makes it into the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly using fork.
- Add 1/3 of the Butterkäse/Fontina cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
- Add an additional 1/3 of Butterkäse/Fontina cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
- Add remaining 1/3 of Butterkäse/Fontina cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
- Add lobster meat and mix thoroughly into cheese using fork.
- Remove fork from the bowl and garnish top of cheese with the scallions.
Flaming Turtle Chocolate Fondue
* 12 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
* 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
* 1 tablespoon 151 rum
* 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Combine the chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
Heat until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly; or combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30-45 seconds. Be careful not to let the chocolate burn.
Pour into a warm fondue pot.
Pour the caramel into the center of the chocolate mixture. Do not stir.
Add the rum to the pot and ignite carefully, using a long wooden match or lighter. Allow the flame to burn out and stir gently to combine.
Sprinkle with the pecans.
Keep fondue warm over low heat.
Serve with bite-sized dippers such as strawberries, bananas, Rice Krispies Treats®, marshmallows, pound cake and brownies.
Serves 4 to 6.