Celebrity Chef Linkie Marais joined The Rhode Show Friday, to make a Cranberry Chutney Cheese Ball.
Cranberry Chutney Ingredients:
2 cups dried cranberries (Craisins)
¾ cup dried apricots
½ cup dried blueberries
3½ cups cranberry juice
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 red onion
3 cloves garlic
1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp black pepper
2½ Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
Cranberry Chutney Method:
- Sautee onions in medium saucepan with some olive oil until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook on high until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil on high for 3-5 minutes, then turn heat down to medium and boil for an additional 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Cool down and use room temperature or heated up.
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese (room temperature)
2 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Cranberry Chutney (recipe on bottom)
½ tsp. Italian Seasoning
½ tsp. Paprika
½ tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
½ cup Craisins
½ cup Walnuts
Cheese Ball Method:
- Beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese together.
- Add chutney and seasonings and mix until all ingredients are blended well.
- Place craisins and walnuts into a food processor and pulse until it is chopped finely.
- Tear off a piece of plastic wrap (11” long). Pour walnut craisin mixture on wrap.
- Scoop cheese mixture on top of walnut mixture and roll into a ball, coating with the walnut mixture as you go.
- Wrap cheeseball firmly and refrigerate until set up (about 1 hour).
- Serve with crackers of your choice.