Thanksgiving fire leaves 8 people homeless

Fire breaks out at Providence home on Thanksgiving

PROVIDENCE (WPRI) – An electrical fire on Calla Street forces eight people out of their home early Thanksgiving morning.

Officials say the fire was caused by electrical issues in the basement. The power in the home has been shut off temporarily until electrical wires are repaired.

The Red Cross is assisting the families with emergency housing, food, and comfort kits containing personal care items. Three children are among the residents left homeless.

Paul Shipman, a Red Cross spokesperson, said, “It is never easy to experience a fire, but coping with that on a holiday can be especially difficult. Our thoughts are with the affected families and our thanks go out to the volunteers who make time throughout the year to respond to emergencies and help their neighbors in need.”

No injuries were reported.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s