PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — The Department of Transportation is reminding drivers that there will be some highway, lane, and exit closures overnight in the capital city next week.
The temporary closures will take place Sunday, December 28 through Tuesday, December 30.
- 9 p.m.: Left lane closed on I-95 North and right lane closed on I-95 South between Exits 21 and 23.
- 9 p.m.: Right lane closed on Route 146 South from the Admiral Street exit to I-95.
- 1:30 a.m.: Route 146 South closed from the Admiral Street exit to I-95. The Douglas Avenue on-ramp to Route 146 South, along with the two right lanes on I-95 South and Exit 22 are also closed.
- 2 – 4 a.m.: A brief, 15-minute full closure of I-95 South just after Exit 23.
- Before 4:30 a.m.: All lanes and exits will be reopened.
Detour routes have been established for Route 146 traffic and Exit 22. Signs will be posted during the hours detours are in effect.
The detour route for Route 146 utilizes Charles Street, Ashburton Street, Canal Street, Steeple Street, and Memorial Boulevard. The detour route for the Exit 22 closure includes Atwells Avenue, Broadway, Empire Street, Fountain Street, and Francis Street.
Maps of the detours are available at www.dot.ri.gov.