PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Robert Nadrowski, of Rehoboth, sent Eyewitness News this amazing picture of a ginormous icicle through ReportIt!
The man said that he removed the icicle from the ice dam in back of his home.
He claims that it is over 6 feet tall and weighs around 350 pounds!
- Looking Ahead: Detailed 7-Day Futurecast
- More Details: Pinpoint Weather Blog
- Updates on the Go: Pinpoint Weather App
With the storm coming this weekend, it reemphasizes the need to check your roofs with rain and wet snow most likely to hit our area. You never know what you may find up there.
Emergency officials are strongly encouraging homeowners to have snow and ice cleared before the rain starts falling this weekend. They have offered the following suggestions before going on your roof:
- Use a snow rake for pitched roofs to remove snow
- Start from the edge and work your way into the roof
- Consider hiring professionals to do the job
- Keep gutters and drains clean, free of ice and snow
- Add your weight or the weight of equipment to the roof, unless approved by a registered engineer
- Use a ladder, since ice tends to build up on both the rungs of the ladder and the soles of your shoes
- Use blow torches or electric heating devices to melt the snow and ice
Send us your pictures and photos to ReportIt!