Cassarino’s co-owner and Chef Steven Renzi stopped by the kitchen Monday to show us how to make Veal Osso Bucco.
- (4) 2″ Thick Veal Shanks
- 1/3 cup Diced Carrots
- 1/3 cup Diced Celery
- 1/3 cup Diced Onion
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 2 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Small bunch Chopped Parsley
- On the stove top heat a sauté pan on medium to medium high heat, add enough oil just to coat the bottom.
- Lightly flour the veal and brown both sides. Remove from heat and place into a roasting pan.
- Add the diced vegetables to the sauté pan and cook until soft.
- Add brandy to the sauté pan and scrape all the excess from the pan. Pour contents of sauté pan over the veal shanks in the roasting pan.
- Add the beef, chicken stock to the roasting pan as well as the tomato paste.
- Add the rosemary and chopped garlic.
- Cover and place in an oven at 275 degrees for 4 hours.
- Remove and let rest. I suggest serving with potato, pasta, risotto.
About the Restaurant:
177 Atwells Avenue
Providence, RI 02903
- Monday thru Thursday 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday 11:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday 12 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Open on select Sundays.