We’re making Warm Spinach Salad with Roasted Vegetables with Chef Jennifer Chapman of DeWolf Tavern.
Fresh baby spinach
Cauliflower; broken up into florets
4 small carrots; peeled and chopped
5 Shallot; 1 tsp peeled and minced /the rest cut in half
1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
1 tsp Maple syrup
1 cup Olive oil plus extra for roasting
½ cup Lemon juice
Salt as needed
4 tbsp Blue cheese
½ lb Bacon; chopped, pan fried and strained
- Cook the bacon and hold
- Put the cauliflower, carrots and half cut shallots on a roasting pan, coat with light oil and sprinkle with salt; cook 350 degrees until soft and a little crispy.
- Make the dressing: add mustard, 1 cup oil, lemon juice, syrup and minced shallot into a bowl and whisk until combined add salt to taste. Heat in the microwave until warm on the stove.
- Divide the vegetables onto 4 plates. Put spinach leaves into a large bowl and add a few tbsp. of dressing to the greens just to coat. You do not want to coat them too much.
- Divide the spinach onto each plate. Top with blue cheese and bacon.
- Can add with any protein for dinner. (scallops, shrimp or flat iron go very well)