PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI)- Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza is encouraging residents and visitors to shop locally in the city.
The Mayor launched the new ‘Buy Into Spring’ campaign on Monday, which offers free 2 hour parking on Saturdays to shoppers. Mayor Elorza also visited local shops and restaurants as part of the day’s events.
Free 2-hour parking on Saturdays will begin on April 18 and run through May 9 in the following areas:
– Atwells Avenue – Bradford Street to Knight Street
– Broad Street – Public Street to Montgomery Street
– Downtown Providence – bounded by Fountain Street, Memorial Boulevard, Weybosset Street
– Empire Street and Friendship Street – from Dyer Street to Dorrance Street
– Hope Street – Rochambeau Avenue to Blackstone Boulevard
– North Main Street – Thomas Street to Park Row
– Olneyville Square – Route 10 to Sydney Street and Delaine Street to Atwood Street to Magnolia Street
– South Main Street – James Street to Packet Street
– Point St – From Eddy to East Franklin St
– Thayer Street – Meeting Street to Bowen Street
– Wayland Square – East Angell Street/Angell Street to Gano Street and Wayland Avenue from Angell Street to Pitman Street
– Wickenden/Ives – Wickenden Street at Benefit Street to Ives Street at Preston Street
Business owners and shoppers are encouraged to share their experiences using the hashtag #BuyIntoSpring on social media.