PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WPRI) — Police say the suspicious man who was reportedly taking photographs of two young girls in Pawtucket last week wasn’t suspicious at all.
The girls had said they were playing at Abica Field on April 19 when they said the man took pictures of them and asked them for personal information.
Police said, with the help of the media and local residents, they were able to find the man in question and determined he was a legitimate professional photographer taking pictures that day.
They said there was no inappropriate or illegal contact between the photographer and the girls.
“Photographic evidence, as well as interviews with the photographer and the juvenile victims confirmed the findings of this investigation and that in fact the girls embellished the details of the event,” police said in a news release.