In celebration of Mother’s Day, Michaela Johnson’s mom, Joanne, joined The Rhode Show Friday to make Macaroni and Cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese
1 pkg elbow macaroni
6 TBSP of butter
6 TBSP all-purpose flour
5 cups milk
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
¼ cup minced onion
16oz. Velveeta cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Stir in salt and pepper
- Add onion and cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- Spray 3 quart pan w/ nonstick cooking spray
- Add pasta, pour sauce over and stir.
- Melt ½ stick of butter in frying pan. Add breadcrumbs
- Cover top of mac & cheese with bread crumbs
- Bake for 30 minutes
Easy turkey pot pie
2 cups cooked, cubed turkey
1 (10 ¾) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
2 (15 oz.) cans mixed vegetables, drained
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
1 ½ cups biscuit baking mix
1 ½ cups milk
- Mix together turkey pieces, soup, mixed vegetables, and turkey stock. Set aside.
- Coat a 13”x9” casserole pan with the melted butter. Pour out excess margarine and reserve for later use.
- Pour vegetable-turkey mixture into the buttered casserole dish
- Blend together the biscuit baking mix, milk, and excess butter. Blend until almost smooth
- Pour topping mixture over vegetable and turkey mixture
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.