Beltone New England has brought in Chefs Rocco Andreozzi and Michael Andreozzi, President and CEO of Beltone New England, to make White Clam Sauce with Linguine.
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 8 shallots – chopped
- 10 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cans whole baby clams, 10 oz.
- 1 tbsp dry basil
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley – minced
- 8 fresh basil leaves – chopped
- 35 fresh little necks
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. linguine fini
- Heat shallots and garlic very gently in olive oil and butter until light golden brown.
- In another pan, steam little necks with wine until clams open.
- Pour the juice of clams and wine in pan with oil.
- Add 2 cans of clams with juice to pan.
- Raise heat to reduce sauce.
- Set aside 15 clams for garnish, cut meat in small pieces from remainder of clams. Add into sauce.
- Cook linguine pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and put in large serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Add parsley and basil and garnish dish with extra clams previously set aside.
*In Italy you are forbidden to use grated cheese on this dish because it might mar the subtle taste of the clams.