Discover Newport has brought Chef Tim Sousa of The Tavern on Broadway, to show us how to make their Carne a La Plancha.
6 oz Dakota Steak
Local baby kale
Local Heirloom cherry tomatoes
White balsamic vinaigrette * separate recipe
Pickled Jalapeno relish * separate recipe
Crushed red pepper
1) Season the Dakota steak, onions, potatoes and corn with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and paprika.
2) In a very hot cast iron skillet sear the steak on one side for about 4-5 minutes then flip the steak and sear for another 4-5 minutes.
3) Remove the steak to rest on a resting rack.
4) Add the corn, potatoes and onions to the skillet till lightly caramelized and remove from heat.
5) Slice the steak and fan out over vegetables in the skillet. 6) Toss baby arugula and tomatoes with white balsamic then place on top of the dish.
7) Ladle one spoonful of pickled jalapeño relish over the steak.