We’re in the kitchen with Chef Tony Abreu making Madeira Cold Cod Fish Salad, ahead of the 2014 Portuguese Feast.
- 1lb Salted Cod Fish
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup good Portuguese olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- Red pepper flacks to taste
- Soak salted cod in water for 24 hours, change water twice in process.
- Boil codfish in clean water until tender, and let cool.
- Chop vegetables set aside.
- In bowl mix cooled codfish with vegetables, add in vinegar, oil and water, and pepper flakes.
- Let sit for at least an hour in fridge, the longer it sits the better.
- Serve on fresh Portuguese bread