Cats saved in West Warwick house fire

WEST WARWICK, R.I. (WPRI) — An electrical fire to a home on Harbour Avenue in West Warwick, caused quite a scare for a homeowner.

The battalion chief told Eyewitness News a woman called 911 after smelling smoke.

The woman’s two cats were found unresponsive after a small fire broke out in the basement.

Firefighters gave the cats oxygen, ultimately saving their lives.

It took some time, but crews were able to put out the fire once the electricity was cut off to the building.

The woman was distraught and taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Comments are closed.