TV Maitre d’ Joe Zito and Chef John Granata of the Post Office Cafe joined The Rhode Show on Thursday to show us how to make Shrimp Giovanni.
Flour for dredging
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup champagne
Juice of one lemon
3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 native tomato (diced)
¼ cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
½ lb. fresh Angel Hair pasta
1) Bring a large pot of water to a rolling simmer.
2) In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil.
3) Dredge shrimp in flour and shake it off good.
4) Sear shrimp until pink and turn to other side and repeat.
5) Lower heat and add garlic.
6) Next add champagne, lemon and butter.
7) Add salt to water and start cooking pasta.
8) Simmer shrimp until opaque.
9) Once pasta is al dente, drain and add to shrimp pan.
10) Add parsley, salt and pepper.
11) Toss together and place on platter arranging shrimp around platter.
12) Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and diced tomatoes.