Chef Ashley Vanasse from the cafe at Easy Entertaining is in the Rhode Show Kitchen making a Harvest Melt.
- Fresh ciabatta bread (Foremost Bakery) – one loaf
- One TBS – our apple chutney (see below)
- 3 oz – Seared Daniele Pancetta
- 1 oz Narragasnett Creamery Smoked Mozzarella
- 1 oz Baby Kale
- Garlic clove
- Warm cast iron skillet and press & place mozzarella in the freezer for easy
- Toast fresh ciabatta with olive oil and then allow to cool and rub with raw
- Sear off the Daniele Pancetta – as you would with bacon
- Take your mozzarella out of the freezer and begin to slice into 1/4” slices
Assemble your sandwich :
- Evenly spread your chutney
- Add the pancetta
- Add mozzarella
- Add kale
- Drizzle with olive oil
Spiced Apple Chutney (Yields 2.75 cups)
- 4 Apples, peeled and diced
- 3.4 c Onion, diced
- 1 c Dry Cranberries
- 1.5 c White Vinegar
- 1.5 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbl Curry
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Bay leaf
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add apples and cranberries. Stir occasionally.
- When apples begin to break down add white vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, curry, garlic powder, ground ginger, nutmeg and bay leaf.