Officials: Electrical issue caused Pawtucket house fire

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WPRI) — Officials say a house fire in Pawtucket was caused by an electrical problem.

According to fire officials, the flames broke out around 8:30 p.m. at a three-family home on Sterry Street.

All three floors of the home were occupied at the time of the fire.

Firefighters say it started after a light fixture on the third floor started smoking.

No injuries were reported, though six adults and seven were displaced when firefighters shut off the gas and electric in the building. According to the fire department, the Red Cross is assisting those families and the home is going to need some work before they can return.

Comments are closed.