We’re making Bolognese with Chef George Doumaney of Portsmouth Publick House.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 4 table spoons of minced garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 4 cups red wine
- 3 quarts water
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 1 pinch Crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 lb of pasta cooked Al Dente of your choice ( I prefer cavatelli)
- Heat a heavy bottom pan over medium, add oil then all of the diced vegetables and garlic.
- Continually stir until veggies are sticking to the bottom of the pan (watch video), add salt, pepper and crushed red.
- Then add beef and pork to mixture, salt and pepper to taste, stir until meat browns, this should take about 20 mins.
- Add 1 full can of tomato paste and stir until all of the mixture is covered then add 4 cups red wine and let simmer for about 15 mins.
- Then add 3 quarts of water and let simmer until water is reduced by 1/2, add 1 cup of vodka and let cook for about 40 mins.
- Serve over pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!