GoFundMe page set up for victims of West Greenwich house fire

Photo: WPRI / Chantee Lans

WEST GREENWICH, R.I. (WPRI) — Fire officials say a fire that destroyed a West Greenwich home was a complete accident.

According to the deputy fire chief, the fire marshal has ruled the fire accidental – saying it appears to have started in a shorted-out basement outlet.

The flames broke out around 7 p.m. Thursday at a home on Sharpe Street.

Fortunately, the family of two inside the home made it out safely, but the home was destroyed.

A family friend has launched a GoFundMe.com page to help the family. Friends say the two daughters in the family are both in college.

Click here to donate.

Comments are closed.