Executive Chef Rich Vellante of Legal Seafoods joined The Rhode Show Monday to show us how to make their Baked Stuffed Lobster.
1/4 cup small diced onion
1/4 cup small diced red pepper
1 T canola oil
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 T chopped parsley
2 oz scallops
3 large shrimp cut in half
3 oz melted butter
1 cup Ritz crackers, hand crushed
1) Place lobster, belly side up, on cutting board, cut open starting at the head and ending at the tail. Do not cut all the way through the lobster. Score tail crosswise to prevent curling.
2) Spread open lobster body, remove stomach sac and intestinal vein.
3) Sauté onions and peppers in oil until onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper and parsley.
4) Cut shrimp in half lengthwise and combine with scallops, quarter cup of pepper and onion mixture, melted butter and ritz crackers.
5) Mix well but do not overwork stuffing.
6) Fill cavity and tail with stuffing and top with more melted butter.
7) Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, halfway through, drizzle stuffing with melted butter. make sure shrimp and scallops are cooked through.
8) Serve with melted butter and lemon wedge.