NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Authorities say all schools in Nashua, New Hampshire will be closed Monday due to a threat of violence directed toward two schools in the district.
A Nashua Police Department lieutenant said a school administrator received the threat via email earlier on Sunday. That administrator contacted police.
School district Superintendent Mark Conrad said in a statement the threat was of violence to harm students and staff at Nashua High School North and Nashua High School South.
The police department, school administration and state and federal agencies are working to determine the credibility of the threat.
Conrad said the district is being “cautious” and schools will close out of safety.
Lieutenant Kerry Baxter said schools in the district will have extra patrols on Monday.
The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.