Firefighters knock down flames at North Kingstown home

NORTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (WPRI) — Fire crews in North Kingstown were called to a home on Old Baptist Road Monday for a reported fire.

According to Deputy Chief Scott Kettelle of the North Kingstown Fire Department, the fire broke out around 8:15 p.m. When crews arrived on scene, they found fire coming from the roof of the home.

Officials said the fire appeared to have started in a fireplace chimney. Firefighters fought the flames from inside the home on the second floor, according to Kettelle, and the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.

The owner of the home was inside at the time of the fire but managed to make it out safely. No injuries were reported, according to fire officials.

According to Kettelle, weather does not appear to have been a factor. He said the fire appears to have been accidental, but the fire marshal was on scene investigating.

Comments are closed.