On behalf of Quahog “Restaurant” Week, Discover Newport brought us Chef Brian Pawlak of The Mooring, to show us how to make their Vinho Verde Broth.
1/2 bottle Vinho Verde
1 cup julienned onion 1/2’s
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 qt clam stock
1/2 tsp thyme fresh thyme
1/2 ea bay leaf
2 each parsley stems, washed
1 tbs diced potato 1/4 inch
1 tbs Castelvetrano olive sliced
1 tbs grape tomatoes halved
2 tbs chourico half moon
6 oz Cod
Little neck clams
1. Heat blended oil in a rondue until hot.
2 .Add onion, lightly caramelize.
3. Add garlic, cook until golden.
4. Deglaze with wine
5. Tie herbs in a coffee filter and add to liquid
6. Add clam juice
7. Season with kosher salt and pinch of ground white pepper.
8. Reduce by1/4
9. Pull out bay leaf and herb stems.
10. Add clams, cod, potato, tomato, chourico and bake at 350 degrees.
11. Coat cod in extra virgin olive oil