Spring is officially here and it’s time to get cleaning!
WPRI.com reporter and mom blogger Courtney Caligiuri shares some DIY cleaners that use ingredients we already have in the house.
Homemade Glass Cleaner – 16 oz bottle. (recipe adapted from CrunchBetty.com)
- 2 tbsp rubbing alcohol
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 c. warm water
All-Purpose Cleaner – 16 oz bottle.
- 2 tbsp castile soap
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water
- optional: 10 drops of essential oils
Castile soap is a great product to keep in the house. It’s a natural, vegetable-based soap that you can use on anything from your face, dog, vegetables and counter-tops. A little goes a long way!
Some quick tips:
Let your work, work for you. Soak the tub before you scrub it and maybe wash fridge shelves in the tub as you’re cleaning to save time.
Also, clean your microwave with no scrubbing!
- Fill a microwave safe bowl with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Set your microwave for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the bowl cool for a few minutes before removing.
- Wipe down microwave.
**To be sure water won’t explode or boil over, add a wooden stir stick or toothpick to bowl of water and vinegar.