Health Coach Andrea Wool of Thrive Functional Wellness joined The Rhode Show to make Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes.
1 cup organic pancake mix (regular or gluten free)
16 ounces organic pumpkin (preferably in a box)
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
4 organic pastured eggs
1/4 cup organic heavy cream (or whole milk)
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
coconut oil for cooking
organic nitrate free hormone free antibiotic bacon
organic pure maple syrup
1. Combine pancake mix, pumpkin, cacao powder, eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Heat a pan on medium, melt a tsp of coconut oil in the pan.
3. With a large cooking spoon, pour a spoonful of batter into the pan to make pancakes. Let cook for a few minutes on 1 side (until bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake) then flip and let cook for another few minutes until golden brown on each side.
5. In a separate pan, cook the bacon.
6. Put it all on a plate, and enjoy!